If you are thinking of visiting Barcelona then you need to make sure you make the most of it. This city has many interesting and must see places to visit, ranging from the unusual and extreme to the beautiful and extraordinary. This city is full of life and a place worth visiting.
Here are your 5 must places to visit:
- Walk the Las Ramblas – the central most Boulevard which cuts through the heart of the city centre offering shopping, restaurants and other attractions.
- Visit the Parc Guell and see Gaudi’s Monuments.
- The Sagrada Familia is a must see which is another one of Gaudi Pieces of Art, which has a story behind the famous artist.
- If you are into your Football then Camp Nou is a good place to visit which is the Barcelona football team’s stadium.
- Monvic Fountains which although is just a small metro journey outside of Barcelona (nearest metro stop is Espanya) this is a real memorable thing to do. Unfortunately this is only open later on in the evening and only certain times of the year; October to May.
One tip I would give when in Barcelona is when it comes to eating and drinking out just go slightly off the Las Ramblas as the prices are much lower and more reasonable, however even though the prices along the Las Ramblas are expensive you are thoroughly entertained by the street performers whilst relaxing.
And one more tip, obviously the one thing we all need to consider when travelling is travel insurance. Whether you need specialist travel insurance or basic travel insurance, Spain surprisingly can be a very expensive place when it comes to medical treatment.