If there is a change in health of anyone insured under an existing policy you must contact our Medical Screening Service on 02392 419 080 as soon as possible. We will tell you if your change in health will affect your insurance and if cover can continue.
If your health changes after you purchased your policy but before you commence your trip (or in the case of Annual Multi-trip cover before booking your next trip) or pay the balance or any further instalments for your trip, you must tell us about these changes, if:
• you have seen a medical practitioner because you develop a new medical condition, your prescribed medication changes or an existing medical condition deteriorates;
• you have seen or been referred to a consultant or specialist;
• you are waiting to receive treatment (including surgery, tests or investigations) or the results of tests and investigations, or have been admitted to hospital.
We will then tell you if we can cover your medical condition(s) free of charge or for an additional premium.
If we cannot cover your medical condition(s), or you do not want to pay any additional premium quoted, we will give you the choice of either:
• making a cancellation claim for any pre-booked trips; or
• cancelling your policy and receiving a proportionate/partial refund, provided that you have not made a claim or are about to.
A change in health includes any changes to your health which you are aware of and for which you may need to seek professional medical advice, any new medical conditions or symptoms which may or may not yet have been diagnosed, changes to any existing medical condition already declared or a change to your treatment or prescribed medication (which can include a change in dosage which may be an increase or decrease in the amount of medication that you take) or you are waiting for tests or test results, or have been placed on a medical waiting list.
If you are not sure whether something is relevant you must tell us anyway.