When it comes to needing specialist travel insurance to cover your specific medical condition(s), we are only too aware of how many questions this can trigger.
Whether it’s understanding what the insurance covers or knowing how the medical screening process works, we believe it’s important to help answer all your questions so you have all the information you need to help you find the right cover for you and your family.
To help with this, our Free Spirit team have compiled a list of the most common questions we’ve been asked over the years and put them together in one place to help give you as much information as possible. That way we can hopefully answer your questions before you even have to ask!
Simply click here to read them all.
Free Spirit’s top tips
In addition to our Q&A’s, we have the following top tips to help ensure that the process of getting appropriate specialist travel insurance is as smooth as possible:
- If you find it hard to talk about your medical condition(s), why not ask a friend to be there while you speak to insurers.
- It’s important to leave plenty of time to obtain your travel insurance in case a GP letter is required.
- Make sure you have all medical information to hand when you get a quote to help you answer all questions accurately.
- Insurers are less likely to provide cover if you are awaiting test results. Be sure to contact them as soon as these are available.
- Make sure all travellers are insured on the same travel insurance policy. This will ensure there are no gaps in cover that could arise if separate policies are purchased.
- Even if you have been rejected for an online quote, give the insurance provider a call as they may need to individually assess you to help provide you with suitable cover.
- Make sure you declare everything; if you hold anything back it could affect your cover and ability to make a claim.
- Don’t forget to arrange your cover to start as soon as your holiday is booked. This will ensure you are immediately protected should you need to cancel your trip.
Do you have a question about specialist travel insurance?
If you have a question about your medical condition and how it affects your travel insurance or the process involved in applying for cover, you can ask your question direct – contact our friendly and knowledgeable team. We will be happy to help give you as much guidance as possible.
How Free Spirit can help you travel
We are dedicated to providing travel insurance for people of any age with medical conditions and disabilities. By covering your medical condition(s), we give you the protection you need when you travel.
When other insurance providers say “No”, we’re usually the ones who say “Yes. We can cover you.”