We have been thinking… What does it mean to be a Free Spirit?
We believe that travel frees our spirit and we like to give Free Spirits like you the protection to travel with confidence, whatever your age or medical condition. However, what makes you a #FreeSpirit?
Let us know – enter our social media competition. Just follow us on Facebook and complete the following sentence:
‘I’m a #FreeSpirit because…’
If you win, choose an amazing prize from the following:
- A £100 M&S gift card to create a family feast. Or buy that cashmere jumper in the sales.
- Beat the winter chills. Have a hearty meal for two in a top UK restaurant.
- Board a steam train for a trip through the beautiful UK countryside.
- Fancy an experience with a little adrenaline? Let the ground leave your feet, as you whizz across the clouds in a helicopter ride for two – bottle of bubbly included!
- Surprise the love of your life with a romantic break for two in a historic UK hotel.
- Need a little pampering? Relax at the spa with a friend.
- Take your chances at the racetrack – dress up in your gladrags and have a flutter.
- Splash the cash with a £100 Laura Ashley Token to enhance your home – or your wardrobe.
1: Finish the following sentence with the hashtag #FreeSpirit
‘I’m a #FreeSpirit because…’
2: Tag a friend’s name at the end of the sentence.
‘I’m a #FreeSpirit because I like to walk off the beaten track while on my holidays, to visit towns and cities away from the tourist trail. @JoeBlogs’
3: Follow our Facebook page and post your sentence, with your friend’s name tagged in the comments, under one of our Free Spirit themed posts, which will be written and posted on our Facebook wall here: www.facebook.com/FreeSpiritCover/
Feel free to upload an image, video etc. to help illustrate your sentence.
Your deadline: Friday 6th December at 12 noon.
A winner will be decided after pulling a name out of the hat. Watch Facebook Live at 12 noon, on Monday 9th December.
Don’t worry if you miss the draw; the winner will be sent a direct message on Facebook, including details on how to collect their prize.
Need a little inspiration?
If you are unsure how to finish your sentence, the Oxford dictionary states that Free Spirit means: ‘An independent or uninhibited person’.
Other words and phrases that can also be used to describe a Free Spirit include:
• A fearless person who follows their own path.
• Independent learners
• People fascinated with the world around them
• An experience seeker
• Hobbyists and creatives.
• Daydreamers and adventurers.
• Positive, upbeat people who are a pleasure to be around.
• Problem solvers who do not dwell on negative scenarios.
• Someone who is comfortable with themselves, whether they are alone or amongst others.
• Eccentrics or those with a bohemian nature.
• Open minded and optimistic people.
Free Spirit Manager, Mary Holt says…
‘I’m a #FreeSpirit because I enjoy life to the full , I am very independent and make my own decisions in life. I always think outside of the box, alongside that I have compassion for other people and the world in general including wild life as the picture shows’.
Your deadline is: Friday 6th December at 12 noon
Terms and conditions
- The competition closes for entries at 12 noon on Friday 6th December 2019.
- The hashtag #FreeSpirit and a tagged friend of the poster must be present in any comment for it to be entered into the live draw.
- Any content deemed offensive will be removed without notice and, if necessary, reported to Facebook.
- The competition is open to anyone, aged 18 or over.
- The winner will be responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize options as set out and in accordance with all terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
- By entering the competition all eligible entrants agree to abide by and accept all terms and conditions.
- The winner will be selected by the Free Spirit Team from all entries received.
- The winner will be contacted by Facebook direct message. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted, is not available or does not respond within two working days, P J Hayman & Company reserves the right to offer the prize to an alternative entrant.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize. Neither P J Hayman & Company nor the prize supplier are liable for costs or expenses sustained outside of what is described, insofar as such liability can be limited in law.
- P J Hayman & Company’s decisions on all disputes will be final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into and there will be no right of appeal.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to allow the free use of their content for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions.
- The Company reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition should, in their sole discretion, circumstances so warrant. P J Hayman & Company reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that the advertised prize is unavailable.
- The winners chosen prize may be purchased from Red Letter Days. To read the Red Letter Days terms and conditions page follow the following link: www.redletterdays.co.uk/terms
- The maximum liability of the Company under any of these terms is limited to £100 in total, inclusive of all costs.