With the coronavirus pandemic situation developing regularly, we created this page on the 30th January as a dynamic resource. We aim to provide all relevant and up-to-date information relating to how COVID-19 is affecting travel insurance and travel in general.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office advise that British nationals should avoid all non-essential international travel. However, on the 4th July a list of countries exempt from this was published – available on the FCO website. This is under constant review, and each country’s status could change at any time.
Opening Hours – due to the social isolation measures put in place by the UK government, we are now operating remotely, but with full availability from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. We will endeavour to maintain the same high level of service to you even during these challenging times.
COVID Travel Insurance – we would like to reassure customers that a Free Spirit policy will cover you under the medical expenses section only for claims caused by coronavirus. Please see below for more information.
We have prepared some FAQs to guide you through some of the questions and concerns you may have related to your travel insurance:
Our general advice to policy-holders at this time is:
- To take guidance as provided by the FCO and adhere to its advice.
- See the latest information and advice for the public on the outbreak of coronavirus from the Department of Health and Social Care
- To not travel contrary to any travel restrictions as may be advised by any government or public/health authority.
- To speak with your travel provider regarding any possible change(s) to your travel itinerary.
- To continue to monitor any further advice as may be provided.
- The National Travel Health Network and Centre has also produced general advice on preparing for foreign travel and how individuals can help reduce the spread of respiratory viruses during the COVID-19 outbreak.
More information about travel and the Coronavirus:
- Official UK government foreign travel advice
- World Health Organisation coronavirus information & updates page
- Worldometer coronavirus global statistics
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide further updates as they become available.