Villa holidays are a satisfying break. If you were thinking of booking a well-deserved break in one of Europe’s holiday hot spots, such as Spain, Greece, or France you can now do so. Most of our favourite summer holiday destinations in Europe will appear on the safe-list from Monday 19th July.
Now we can finally explore destinations outside of the UK again. A villa holiday will allow you to escape the crowds and focus on spending time with friends and/or family for a week or two, within a pleasurable environment.
Although you can find holiday villas in the UK, there are many villas to rent abroad too. As we all know, holidaying somewhere in the Mediterranean can also provide us with better weather.
Where are the Best Destinations for Villa Holidays?
Top destinations for villa holidays:
- The Algarve, Portugal; where you can explore dramatic cliffs, sea caves, warm sandy beaches, bays, and islands
- Greece, where you can design your own Odyssey from Cyprus, Crete, or around The Greek Islands.
- In northern Italy, with the Alps as your backdrop, find a Lake Como rental for a peaceful break.
- Croatia, with its incredible coastline full of islands and hidden beaches.
- In Southern France, for fancy gourmet or seafood dining.
- Spain, Menorca, and The Balearics, famous for siestas.
- The Canary Islands like Corfu, Fuerteventura, and Lanzarote, famed for year-round sunshine.
To make a final decision about where to go for a villa holiday, review the UK government’s safe-list. On the other hand, we can also offer a policy if you wish to visit a destination that the FCDO advises against.
Either way, some of the best villa holidays can be experienced within a villa beach resort, near a town or water park. Here are some of our favourite holiday villas and destinations…
Villa Holidays for Families
If you’re planning to splash out on a villa holiday for the family. You’ll easily ensure quality time together, by escaping the crowds! Focus on yourselves, and you’ll have fun!
Plan your days however you wish. Lounge in the privacy of your own pool. Discover a new outdoor pursuit together. Or hire a car to visit a local farm!
Also, while relaxing in a family-friendly villa, games facilities may be available to keep everyone entertained, such as table tennis, pool tables, and games consoles.
On the other hand, if you decide to take your own gadgets, with Free Spirit, Gadget Cover is included. So, if a device is lost or stolen during your trip, it’ll be covered.
With a spacious villa just for you and your requirements, sun-worshippers will have a choice of sun loungers to choose too.
Villas for large groups
A villa for large groups could be booked to create a beautiful backdrop for a special celebration. Design your villa’s layout, complete with a private pool, gardens, and outdoor dining. By ensuring there’s plenty of space to entertain, you’ll soon be ready to go! Arranging a private chef is optional. Cover for all your travel companions is included.
With a Free Spirit policy, no matter their age or medical condition, each member of your party is covered, in the unlikely event that you need to cancel your holiday, due to your medical condition. When your travel companions are on the same policy, they’re automatically covered for cancellation too. This might not be the case if they took out a policy elsewhere.
Where can I find a villa holiday for families and large groups?
- Cala D’or, on the Spanish Balearic Island of Majorca. A sophisticated setting for a party and a good place to eat out. Plus, most places are family-oriented!
- Rhodes, Greece; in an authentic Greek villa. Do alfresco dining in style with your barbecue and bread oven, after visiting the colourful village of Theologos.
- Hossegor, France; which lies on the south coast of the Aquitaine region. Here, relax in your own beach house and coastal retreat. Take your pick of water sports, before finding an oyster shack for lunch.
Beach Villa Holidays
Villa holidays near the beach can provide you with an unspoken luxury. Be blessed with sunny sea views from your bedroom window, with the sound of the waves.
If it’s just the sun, sea, and sand that’s been beckoning you for the last year. A villa beach resort will satisfy your desires! Explore secluded, cool coves in the morning and snooze in the sun, when it moves round in the afternoon.
Where can I find a beach villa holiday?
- Croatia, which has some of the best blue-flag beaches. Some might be well hidden. However, staying in a beach villa here, allows you to stumble upon your own seaside spot, easily reached from your poolside retreat.
- Spain, on one of the Balearic Islands such as Mallorca or Menorca. Relax in your private pool, just 6km metres away from a sandy beach, golf course, and neighboring town. Pick up some supplies in the morning to create your own alfresco lunch for your party from noon.
- Lanzarote, where beach villas are dotted on the coast of Playa Blanca. With its pretty promenade, explore four stretches of shoreline, such as the secluded nature reserve of Playa de Papagayo.
To immerse yourself into local life, find a villa holiday near a town or a self-catering villa. Give yourself the freedom to experience the local cuisine and support the locals, by visiting the bakery and butcher. You could even spend a day hiking to the next village and back again, to experience the unique scenery in the surrounding area.
Villa Holidays for Couples
Luxury villa holidays for couples provide a unique escape. Especially if you’ve been dreaming of some peace and quiet or if you just want some time and space with your partner.
Either way, discover an intimate hideaway along a seashore or hamlet, to achieve an off-the-beaten-track holiday, away from the hustle and bustle of life.
Where can I find a villa holiday for two?
- Tuscany, Italy; for stunning, mountainous views from your private terrace. Stroll through vineyards and gardens after a light breakfast. Then cool off in a relaxing apartment, after a walk along the Pratomagno Mountains.
- Southwest France to chill out in a charming cottage in the countryside, with your own pool surrounded by fruit trees. Jump on your bike to explore local farms, or go on a culinary journey by visiting pretty villages, night markets, wine tasting fairs, and vineyards.
- Escape to Crete for a couple’s villa holiday in a two-story house, within the quiet and secluded grounds of a private development. Take in panoramic sea and countryside views and visit a local village to drink with the locals.
For a stunning view with luxury details to spoil a loved one, family or friends consider a luxury holiday rental…
Luxury Villa Holidays with Private Pools
Luxury holiday rentals are a step up from self-catered villas and accommodation. They can include a bespoke concierge service, private pools, and hot tubs.
Plus, 24-hour service from your own chef and butler! Free Spirit’s medical emergency helpline is also available, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
If you want to create a dream holiday for yourself and your party, find an exclusive villa in a desirable destination….
Where can I find a luxury villa holiday?
- The Algarve, Portugal; is full of luxury villas with private pools and Jacuzzi’s. Most come with direct beach access but to secure a feeling of film star lux, pick a villa full of eye-catching art and gadgets. During your stay, play at the beach, golf course, or tennis court, before cooling off in your cinema room by night. With a selection of bespoke beverages from your own bar, end the day well.
- Cyprus, in an Azzurro luxury holiday villa. Visit the renowned Coral Bay Beach to watch the sunset each night, or let the concierge team organise the finer details for your perfect villa holiday. Each villa is situated in Peyia, where you have easy access to many of Cyprus’s interest points, such as the Archaeological Park and St Solomon’s Catacombs.
- Within a luxury French villa with pools and plentiful pantries in the south of France. French villas are usually generous on floor space, to create the perfect setting for family gatherings. You could even book a barn, chateaux, or historic wine estate! Find time to escape for “five minutes” to explore your secluded garden, an ancient farmhouse, or visit an unspoiled beach on the Atlantic coast.
A luxury holiday differs from person to person. You may want a private villa holiday away from the outside world with a large group. Or you may want something smaller to cater to just your nearest and dearest. However, if you’re feeling spontaneous, last-minute villa holidays are always an option. We always recommend that you book a package holiday to ensure you are fully covered.
Villa Holiday Packages
Whoever your travel agent may be, villa holiday packages can include everything that you would normally expect, on any other holiday but without a neighbouring hotel, or busy road insight, if you should choose.
Also, if you’re working to a budget, a cheap villa holiday can also be achieved by booking a package of your choice.
A package villa holiday can include:
- A private villa or apartment with flights and car hire.
- A private villa, with a shared pool near a town with flights.
- Villa holidays near waterparks with flights and car hire.
- Self-catered villa holiday rentals, with your own pool, as well as flights and luxury touches like themed décor, BBQs, and all the mod cons.
- Private villa accommodation with pools and self-catering within a holiday resort.
If you choose to book a villa holiday resort, you’ll stay in your own villa, while enjoying all the benefits of an all-inclusive hotel, such as swimming pools, entertainment, meals, and excursions.
Be aware that a package holiday might not include insurance for the leisure activities you do during an excursion, outside of your resort or villa. Luckily, cover for over 100 activities is included for free, with a Free Spirit policy. This cover will allow you to travel with confidence throughout your trip.
Free Spirit Travel Insurance for Villa Holidays
Whatever your villa holiday looks like and wherever you decide to visit, don’t forget Free Spirit Travel Insurance and all the features and benefits it can offer you.