Click to get a quoteCall us on 0800 170 7704

What do I do if my passport is lost or stolen abroad?

You must report any loss or thefts of passports to the local police as soon as possible. You will need the crime reference details which they will provide you with. You also need to report the loss or theft to the British embassy, consulate or high commission of the country you are in. They will be able to provide you with an emergency travel document. You can get details of your local British embassy, high commission or consulate by calling +44 (0)20 7008 1500 or by visiting the GOV.UK website. Please contact the British embassy, high commission or consulate before arranging travel to see them as you may need to book an appointment first.

Back to FAQs