Bladder Cancer Travel Insurance
According to Macmillan Cancer Support, there are 10,000 people diagnosed with bladder cancer every year in the UK and the condition is more prevalent in older adults, with the average age at diagnosis being 68 years old. Many sufferers carry on living full and active lives after their diagnosis, and this includes travelling abroad.
Obtaining a travel insurance policy to cover bladder cancer isn’t impossible; you just need to contact a specialist travel insurance provider. Free Spirit understands the difficulties of trying to find affordable travel insurance after a cancer diagnosis and we have created a dedicated insurance policy which covers travelling with any type of bladder cancer for example:
- Transitional cell bladder cancer (TCC)
- Carcinoma in situ (CIS)
- Papillary bladder cancer
- Squamous cell bladder cancer
Bladder cancer insurance guide
To ensure you get the best cover for your medical needs, look for a specialist insurance provider as they will understand your situation. Free Spirit can offer you a bespoke medical screening and a dedicated cancer travel insurance policy which can cover even rare bladder cancers.
The last thing you want is to purchase a standard travel policy only to find it doesn’t cover your medical condition or the things you need. If you had a medical problem relating directly to your bladder cancer while you are away, standard travel insurance may not cover you for this. If however you have declared and covered all of your medical conditions with a specialist travel insurance provider like Free Spirit, then any medical emergency relating directly to your declared medical conditions should be covered.
Why cover your bladder cancer before you travel?
If you choose not to buy travel insurance and you had to cancel your holiday because of your bladder cancer, how would you feel if you were left out of pocket and had no insurance cover in place to claim for your pre-paid holiday costs?
Family, friends and carers travelling with you should be added to your policy so they too can claim if you needed to cancel your holiday because of your medical condition, or if it had to be cut short while away because you became unwell.
Top tips for buying the best insurance for travelling with bladder cancer
- Buy bladder holiday insurance through a dedicated travel insurance provider as they can be more sympathetic to your unique medical situation and these policies are specially designed for people like you to cover your specific medical condition.
- Consider changing your destination to Europe rather than the USA, Canada or the Caribbean. Medical costs can be very expensive in these areas of the world and repatriation is far from cheap. This doesn’t mean we can’t cover you outside Europe, however, be prepared for slightly higher premiums.
- Don’t just look to see if you are covered for emergency medical expenses, what about cancellation costs or how about your personal belongings and travel documents. What if your flight is delayed or your journey disrupted, a standard policy may not cover these. In the event you lose your prescribed cancer medication, can you claim for replacing them?
- Some standard policies may offer cheap prices initially but the excess may catch you out! Always read the small print just to make sure your excess isn’t more than the cost of the insurance.
Get a specialist bladder cancer travel quote now!
We know that no two cancers are the same and treatment can vary depending on the severity of the bladder cancer. It doesn’t matter if you have received radiotherapy, chemotherapy or had cancer surgery, we will look at each case individually in order to provide you with the best cover available.
How to apply
Obtaining an instant quote and arranging cover with Free Spirit could not be easier, our website includes online medical screening. Here are some questions we may ask you about your bladder cancer so that you get the cover that’s right for you:
- Has the cancer ever spread outside of the bladder?
- How long ago was the diagnosis made?
- Have you had surgery to remove the bladder?
- How many times has a cystoscopy been required in the last year?
- Are you receiving any bladder chemotherapy or BCG treatment?
- Are you taking strong painkillers every day for this condition?
If you would prefer to talk to us
Free Spirit has a dedicated UK based customer service team to answer any questions you may have, as we understand that some medical conditions can be complicated and you may prefer to talk to a friendly voice instead. You can call us on 02392 419 080 and your call will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Peace of mind
Buying a Free Spirit travel insurance to cover your bladder cancer will give you the peace of mind to be able to relax and enjoy your much needed holiday.
Just in case something should happen while you are away, our medical emergency assistance will be on hand 365 days a year to help you get back on track to be able to enjoy the rest of your holiday, or if medically necessary, arrange for your safe journey home.
Please read the Insurance Policy for the full terms and conditions of this specialist medical travel insurance cover to make sure it’s suitable for your needs.