Specialist Travel Insurance for Bowel Cancer
Bowel cancer also known as colon cancer is the third most common cancer in the UK with over 100 people diagnosed each day. It is understandable why so many people struggle to get cover for cancer on their standard travel insurance with such a large amount of people affected by the condition.
Our guide to bowel cancer insurance
The important part of buying specialist travel insurance is to get the best comprehensive cover for your needs, especially if you live with pre-existing medical conditions. The last thing you want is to purchase a policy only to find it doesn’t cover your medical condition or the things you need. Should your holiday plans go wrong while abroad, your Free Spirit insurance policy could be your saviour!
If for example you have a stoma in place due to an ileostomy /colostomy and this was to cause a medical problem while you are away, standard travel insurance wouldn’t necessarily cover you for this. If however you have declared and covered all of your medical conditions with a specialist travel policy, then any medical emergency relating directly to your declared medical conditions will be covered.
Why cover your bowel cancer before you travel?
It is not a legal requirement to cover your medical conditions when travelling abroad, however, imagine how you would feel if you were left out of pocket because you had to cancel your holiday because of your bowel cancer and you hadn’t purchased adequate insurance to cover the pre-paid costs. There are many standard policies available at very cheap prices, however, do not be fooled! It is unlikely they will include the cover you need.
Always add travelling companions to your policy, they could be your friends, family members or even your carer. They too can claim if you needed to cancel your holiday because of your medical condition or if it had to be cut short while away because you became unwell.
Top tips for buying the best insurance for travelling with bowel cancer
- Buy specialist bowel cancer holiday insurance through a dedicated medical travel insurance provider as they can be more sympathetic to your unique medical problems and these policies are specially designed for people like you.
- Consider changing your destination to Europe rather than USA, Canada or the Caribbean. Medical costs can be very expensive in these areas of the world and repatriation is far from cheap. This doesn’t mean we can’t cover you outside Europe, however, be prepared for slightly higher premiums.
- Check that your policy has cover not just for emergency medical and cancellation costs but how about your personal belongings and travel documents. If your flight is delayed does it cover you for travel delay or journey disruption? In the event you lose your prescribed bowel cancer medication or medical aids, are these covered?
- Check the excess you will have to pay in the event of claim. Some standard policies with cheap prices may be tempting, but the excess may catch you out!
Get a specialist bowel cancer travel quote now!
We know that no two cancers are the same and treatment can vary depending on the severity of the bowel cancer. It doesn’t matter if you have received radiotherapy, chemotherapy or had cancer surgery we will look at each case individually in order to provide you with the best cover available.
How to apply
Obtaining an instant quote and arranging cover with Free Spirit could not be easier, our fully interactive website includes online medical screening. We will ask you some questions about your bowel cancer so that you get the cover that’s right for you:
- Has the cancer been found in other parts of the body other than the bowel?
- Was the tumour completely removed surgically?
- How long ago was the diagnosis made?
- If diagnosed more than a year ago, how often have you been seeing a hospital doctor about this?
- Is there any ongoing treatment or is any planned?
- Are you taking strong painkillers every day for this condition?
Some people prefer to talk to us
Free Spirit has a dedicated UK based customer service team to answer any questions you may have as we understand, that some medical conditions can be complicated and you may prefer to talk to a friendly voice instead. You can call us on 02392 419 080 and your call will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Key features of Free Spirit bowel cancer travel medical insurance:
- Most medical conditions and disabilities covered
- No upper age limit on Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip
- Choice of two cover options – Super and Super Duper
- Single trips covered up to 94 days (45 days if aged 76 years or over)
- Annual Multi-trip provides unlimited number of trips – travel up to 31 days per trip (Super) and 45 days (Super Duper)
- Fully interactive website including online medical screening
- Journey disruption / Airspace closure cover (Super Duper cover only)
- Loss or damage to medical aids and prescribed medications
Peace of mind
Providing cover for people with medical needs is what makes Free Spirit different from standard travel insurance policies.
Free Spirit was the first scheme of its type specifically dedicated to those being declined travel insurance cover elsewhere, due to their health. It is now one of the UK’s largest specialist travel insurance schemes for people with pre-existing conditions and disabilities.
Please read the Insurance Policy for the full terms and conditions of this specialist medical travel insurance cover to make sure it’s suitable for your needs.