Travel Insurance for Cervical Cancer
As one of the most common forms of female cancers, cervical cancer was diagnosed in over 3,000 women in the UK in 2011 according to Cancer Research UK; this is nearly 1% of all types of cancer with breast, lung, prostate, and bowel cancer making up for more than half of all types of cancer diagnosed.
Our guide to cervical cancer travel insurance
Travelling can be stressful, particularly if you are aware of a medical condition for which you might need emergency treatment while away. Provided you declare all of your medical conditions, either online or confidentially to our customer service team, we can normally provide you with the essential travel cover to protect you, of course, there may be times that we can’t offer cover but we will always let you know the reasons why.
Losing your valuables or falling ill is not something we like to think about when on holiday, but having the right level of cover in place means you don’t have to worry about any additional costs (terms & conditions apply, of course!). Should your holiday plans go wrong while abroad, your Free Spirit insurance policy could be your saviour!
If for example, you had a medical emergency relating to your cervical cancer while you are away, standard travel insurance wouldn’t necessarily cover you for this. If however you have declared and covered all of your medical conditions with a specialist travel policy like Free Spirit, then any medical emergency relating directly to your declared medical conditions will be covered.
Should I cover my cervical cancer before I travel?
We would always suggest you get your medical conditions covered before you travel. Imagine how you would feel if you were left out of pocket because you had to cancel your holiday because of your cervical cancer, and you hadn’t purchased adequate insurance to cover the pre-paid costs. There are many standard policies available at very cheap prices, however, do not be fooled! It is unlikely they will include the cover you need for cancellation.
We would also suggest you add travelling companions to your policy they could be your friends, family members or even your carer. They too can claim if you needed to cancel your holiday because of your medical condition or if it had to be cut short while away because you became unwell.
Top tips for buying the best cervical cancer travel insurance
1. Buy specialist cervical cancer holiday insurance through a dedicated medical travel insurance provider as they can be more sympathetic to your unique medical problems and these policies are specially designed for people like you.
2. Consider changing your destination to Europe rather than the USA, Canada, or the Caribbean. Medical costs can be very expensive in these areas of the world and repatriation is far from cheap. This doesn’t mean we can’t cover you outside Europe, however, be prepared for slightly higher premiums.
3. Check that your policy has cover, not just emergency medical and cancellation costs but how about your personal belongings and travel documents? If your flight is delayed does it cover you for travel delay or journey disruption? In the event, you lose your prescribed cervical cancer medication or medical aids, are these covered?
4. Check the excess you will have to pay in the event of a claim. Some standard policies with cheap prices may be tempting, but the excess may catch you out!
Get a cervical cancer travel quote today
We know that no two cancers are the same and treatment can vary depending on the severity of the cancer. It doesn’t matter if you have received radiotherapy, chemotherapy or had cancer surgery we will look at each case individually in order to provide you with the best cover available.
Obtaining an instant quote and arranging cover with Free Spirit couldn’t be easier. We have a fully interactive website that includes online medical screening. We will ask you some questions about your cervical cancer so that you get the cover that’s right for you:
- Has the cancer ever spread outside of the cervix?
- How long ago was the diagnosis made?
- If diagnosed more than a year ago, how often have you been seeing a hospital doctor about this?
- Is there any ongoing treatment or is any planned?
- Are you taking strong painkillers every day for this condition?
Some people prefer to call us
Free Spirit has a dedicated UK-based customer service team to answer any questions you may have. We understand that some medical conditions can be complicated and you may prefer to talk to a friendly voice instead. You can call us on 02392 419 080.
Peace of mind
Any form of cancer can be tiring particularly if you have just had surgery or finished a course of treatment. To ensure you get the most from your holiday and enjoy your time to the full, Free Spirit can provide you with the peace of mind we will have you covered at all times, should you need us in the event of an emergency.
If you need to discuss your insurance needs at any time you can contact our customer service team or check our frequently asked questions page for more information. Why not give us a go and get a quote today?
Please read the Insurance Policy for the full terms and conditions of this specialist medical travel insurance cover to make sure it’s suitable for your needs.