Travel insurance for Ulcerative Colitis
Having Ulcerative Colitis can be life-changing, yet with effective management and medication there is no limit to what a person can do – and that includes travel! However, with an unpredictable illness which could flare up while you are away, many people with the condition find themselves unable to secure standard travel insurance.
At Free Spirit, we are specialists in providing holiday insurance for people with existing medical conditions, regardless of age. We believe that having a long-term illness such as Ulcerative Colitis should not stop you from seeing the world – you just need to ensure that you have a travel insurance policy which addresses your specific health needs.
It’s essential to have holiday travel insurance if you have Ulcerative Colitis in case of an episode before you travel or whilst you’re away. This will ensure that you have cover if you have to cancel your trip, or if you require emergency medical treatment abroad to save incurring potentially high medical costs. Our Ulcerative Colitis travel insurance can provide you and your travel companions with the peace of mind you need to enjoy your holidays.
Getting holiday insurance cover for Ulcerative Colitis
No matter what severity of illness you have and whether or not you are in remission, Free Spirit will aim to provide cover for you.
Obtaining a quote for Ulcerative Colitis travel insurance is simple and as non-obtrusive as possible. There’s no physical medical required, we’ll just ask you a series of questions to understand your condition and try to find cover to suit you. To give you an idea, here are some of the questions we are likely to ask:
- Have you had your entire colon removed?
- Have you had surgery in the last three months for your bowel problem?
- How many medicines do you take for your colitis?
- How many unplanned hospital admissions have you had for your bowel problem in the last two years?
- Have you ever had any episodes of bowel obstruction?
Talk to us today
We have a dedicated and compassionate team of experts ready to speak to you today in order to establish what level of cover could be provided. Our UK-based team can assist with understanding your individual circumstances and finding travel insurance to suit. So call us today on 02392 419 080. Our team of specialists are available from Monday-Friday 8am – 6pm (closed on Bank Holidays).
Why choose Free Spirit Ulcerative Colitis travel insurance:
- No upper age on single trip and annual multi-trip policies
- Choice of two cover options – Super and Super Duper
- Cover for some terminal conditions
- Cover available if you are awaiting treatment or investigation
- Single trips covered up to 94 days (although for persons aged 76 years and over the maximum duration is 45 days).
- Annual Multi-trip provides an unlimited number of trips – travel up to 31 days per trip (Super) and 45 days (Super Duper)
- End Supplier Failure*
- Extended Journey disruption*
- Gadget cover
- Loss or damage to medical aids and prescribed ulcerative colitis medication
- A dedicated 24-hour emergency medical assistance helpline to help when you need it most
*Included with Super Duper cover only
Why cover your Ulcerative Colitis before you travel?
Trying out new foods and warmer weather while travelling can bring on bowel problems for anyone, let alone people with existing conditions. Ulcerative Colitis is an unpredictable illness and as such regardless of whether you are not symptomatic at this time, you cannot predict when a flare up will occur and how serious that flare up might be.
Ulcerative Colitis travel insurance provides peace of mind that should anything happen while you are on holiday or if you get ill prior to travel and cannot go, then your cover will be there*. What’s more, our holiday insurance can also cover your companions so that if something prevents you from travelling they would be protected too*.
* Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy
Things to remember when travelling
It’s particularly important while travelling to avoid either dehydration or diarrhoea, both of which can be particularly dangerous for people with Ulcerative Colitis. When eating out ensure that any meat you consume is never undercooked and that you don’t wash fruit or vegetables using tap water. Drink bottled water to ensure you stay as hydrated as possible.
When you first arrive at your holiday destination it’s always worth establishing how you can get medical assistance should you need it – just to be sure that you are prepared in case of an emergency.
How to apply for Ulcerative Colitis travel insurance
Obtaining an instant quote for travel insurance couldn’t be easier. You can use the online quote facility here on our website or call us today on 02392 419 080 (Monday – Friday 8am-6pm, closed Bank Holidays).