Specialist Travel Insurance for Cancer of the Uterus
NHS Choices advises that cancer of the uterus also known as womb cancer, is the fourth most common cancer in the UK to affect woman after breast cancer, lung cancer and cancer of the colon and rectum. There are about 8,200 new cases of womb cancer cases diagnosed each year and it is more common in women who have been through the menopause, with the majority of cases diagnosed in women aged over 50. Womb cancer accounts for about 5% of all cancers diagnosed in women.
Our guide to uterus cancer insurance
It is very important to ensure you have the right type of travel insurance, especially if you are travelling abroad with cancer or even if your cancer is in remission. You must tell us about all of your medical history so we can offer you the best cover for your travel needs. The last thing you want is to purchase a policy only to find it doesn’t cover you because you forgot to tell us about your cancer. Free Spirit travel cover can help you enjoy your trip without stress!
If for example you had a medical problem relating to your cancer while you are away and needed emergency hospital care, standard travel insurance may not cover you for this. If however you have declared and are covered for all of your medical conditions with a specialist travel policy, then any medical emergency relating directly or indirectly to your declared medical conditions should be covered.
Why cover your cancer before you travel?
While it is not a legal requirement to cover your medical conditions when travelling abroad, imagine how you would feel if you were left out of pocket from pre-paid holiday costs because you had to cancel your holiday due to your uterine cancer. There are many standard policies available at very cheap prices, however do not be fooled! It is unlikely they will include the cover you need.
Always add travelling companions to your policy, they could be your friends, family members or even your carer. They too should be able to claim if you needed to cancel your holiday because of your medical condition or if it had to be cut short while away because you became unwell.
Top tips for buying the best insurance for travelling with uterus cancer
- Buy specialist cancer holiday insurance through a dedicated travel insurance provider. By doing this, you can be sure that they will understand your condition and tailor a policy to your individual travel needs.
- Before deciding on your holiday destination, consider travelling to countries within Europe rather than further afield. Medical costs can be much more expensive especially if you choose to go to the USA or even Australia. This doesn’t mean we can’t cover you outside Europe, however be prepared for higher premiums.
- Read the small print, check that your policy not only covers you for emergency medical expenses but also for cancellation costs, loss of personal belongings, travel documents and your prescribed cancer medication.
- Always check the excess you would have to pay if you should have to make a claim. Some travel insurance policies may initially offer cheap prices but include large excesses.
Get a specialist uterine cancer travel quote today!
Getting covered by Free Spirit couldn’t be easier! Simply follow the steps through our interactive website and we will have you covered in no time. We will ask you some questions about your uterus cancer so that you get the cover that’s right for you such as:
- Has the disease ever spread beyond the uterus?
- Has the tumour been completely surgically removed?
- How long ago was the diagnosis made?
- If diagnosed more than a year ago, how often have you been seeing a hospital doctor about this?
- Is there any ongoing treatment or is any planned?
- Are you taking strong painkillers every day for this condition?
Some people prefer to talk to us
Free Spirit has a dedicated UK based customer service team to answer any questions you may have as we understand that some medical conditions can be complicated and you may prefer to talk to a friendly voice instead. You can call us on 02392 419 080, we are open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday (closed Bank Holidays) and your call will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Key features of Free Spirit uterus cancer travel insurance:
- Cover for the majority of cancer conditions
- No upper age limit on Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip
- Choice of two cover options – Super and Super Duper
- Single trips covered up to 94 days (45 days if aged 76 years or over)
- Annual Multi-trip provides unlimited number of trips – travel up to 31 days per trip (Super) and 45 days (Super Duper)
- Journey disruption / Airspace closure cover (Super Duper cover only)
- Loss or damage to medical aids and prescribed uterus cancer medications
Peace of mind
Free Spirit is different to standard travel insurance policies as it provides cover for people with medical conditions. If you have a terminal condition please call us and we will do our best to provide a solution.
Free Spirit was the first scheme of its type dedicated to those being declined travel insurance cover elsewhere, due to their health. It is one of the UK’s largest specialist travel insurance schemes and will cover the majority of medical conditions.
Please read the Insurance Policy for the full terms and conditions of this specialist medical travel insurance cover to make sure it’s suitable for you.