Mobile Phone & Tablet Insurance
Those who are looking for stand-alone cover for their mobile phones and tablets need look no further.
We’ve teamed up with gadget insurance specialists, Tinhat, to offer Free Spirit customers great value cover for their devices.
Cover can be paid on a monthly basis by Direct Debit, or you can get one month free when you pay for a year upfront using a debit or credit card.
Each gadget must have been purchased new, be under 12 months old and you should have the original receipt for all items you are claiming for.
Taking your mobile phone and tablet abroad?
You can travel with your devices to anywhere in the world with full peace of mind that comes from having no limit on the number or lengths of trips you can take your phone or tablet with you on.
- Loss (optional for mobile phones and tablets only)
- Accidental damage
- Liquid damage
- Unauthorised calls (up to £10,000)
- Unlimited Claims
- Unlimited Worldwide cover
- £150 accessories cover
- £500 e-wallet cover
Available to UK residents of at least 18 years of age when they purchase a policy.
Note: If you’re under 18 you can still get covered if a parent takes out the policy for you in their name. They can then change the policy to be in your name if you reach 18 while the policy is still active.
Cover is arranged by Tinhat, a trading name of Bastion Insurance Services Ltd.
Bastion Insurance Services Ltd are an insurance intermediary authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 650727. The insurance is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE. UK General Insurance Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 310101.
- Friendly UK based customer support and claims team – available between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Claims won’t affect your other insurances – taking out stand-alone mobile phone and tablet insurance means you don’t lose your home contents insurance no claims bonus if you need to make a claim.
- Cover for use by your immediate family – this policy covers your mobile phones and tablets even when being used by your immediate family (this includes your mother, father, son, daughter, spouse and domestic partner).
Last updated: 28th March 2018.