Useful guides and tips for travelling with medical conditions
1. Travel abroad with peace of mind
2. Tips for travelling with a heart condition
While any medical condition that has an effect on the heart can’t be taken lightly, with the right planning and preparation having a heart condition needn’t be a barrier to seeing the world.
- Things to consider when planning to travel
- Choosing a holiday destination
- Travelling by air with a heart condition
- What about deep vein thrombosis?
3. Travelling abroad if you have cancer
Many people with cancer lead full and active lives, which include travelling overseas on holiday. Here are some great tips to plan your trip and enjoy an amazing holiday.
- Get professional medical advice
- Do you need any travel vaccinations?
- Travel insurance for people with cancer
- Packing cancer medication and other essentials
4. Tips for travelling with pre-existing conditions
Holidays provide the opportunity to relax and do as little as possible, or it could be a chance to indulge in a leisure activity we love and look forward to all year. When you have a pre-existing medical condition or disability, with adequate preparations you can have the freedom to travel with total peace of mind.
- Speak to your doctor
- Get a European Health Insurance Card
- Arrange the travel vaccinations you need
- Get familiar with your destination
5. Fit to travel
Travel is one of life’s most rewarding experiences, and as the saying goes, is the one thing you can buy that makes you richer. There are so many advantages to exploring the world, from simply releasing us from the pressures of everyday life, to proven, sustainable health benefits.
- Freedom to travel whenever you like
- The beauty of going solo
- Group tours and adventure travel
- Discover wellness holidays
Mary has nearly twenty years experience with medical travel insurance provider Free Spirit, which makes her well-placed to offer help and guidance on finding travel insurance for those with existing health conditions of all ages.
- Questions and answers about specialist holiday insurance
- Commonly asked questions about medical conditions
- Send your questions to Mary