Click to get a quoteCall us on 0800 170 7704

Do I need to register for the Medicare scheme if I’m travelling to Australia?

If you are travelling to Australia you can enrol in Medicare which will entitle you to subsidised hospital treatments and medicines. You can do this by contacting a local Medicare office in Australia. All claims for refunds under the Medicare scheme must be made before you leave Australia. For more information on Medicare: visit: or email:

Back to FAQs

Stay in touch

Our newsletter gives you the freedom to travel with confidence. Tips, hints and guides – along with the occasional special offer – straight into your inbox. Sign up today!