Why choose us?
Providing cover for people with existing medical conditions and disabilities is what makes Free Spirit different to standard travel insurance policies.
Free Spirit was the first scheme of its type specifically dedicated to those who find difficulty in getting cover elsewhere due to their health, disability, or age. It is one of the UK’s largest specialist travel insurance schemes for people of any age with existing medical conditions and disabilities.
For over 20 years, Free Spirit has helped tens of thousands of people to obtain cover for their often much-needed holiday.
Key features of a Free Spirit policy:
- Most medical conditions and disabilities covered
- No upper age limit on Single Trip & Annual Multi-trip
- Two cover options – Super and Super Duper
- After care cover at home following hospitalisation abroad – including costs for home help, physiotherapy, cosmetic surgery, and dental costs
- Convalescence benefit following hospitalisation abroad (over 5 days) – up to £750 towards the cost of a trip in your home area, be that the UK, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man to help you recuperate
- Kennel/Cattery costs if you are delayed due to illness (up to £500)
- Excess Waiver option to remove the standard policy excess.
- Essential cover including emergency medical expenses, repatriation and cancellation
- Specific cover for loss or damage to medical aids and prescribed medications
- Extended journey disruption (Super Duper only) – provides cover if you have to cancel (up to £3,000) or incur additional expenses (up to £1,000) as a result of the disruption caused by a natural disaster such as a hurricane or earthquake. Cover applies if you book individual elements of your trip separately
- End Supplier Failure Insurance (Super Duper only) – cover for loses due to the financial failure of the transport or accommodation provider.
- Reduced premiums for people without medical conditions on the same policy
- Medical emergency helpline – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Terminal conditions considered – call us on 02392 419 080
- Dedicated UK based customer services team
- Gadget cover – up to £1,500 (depending on cover level) to protect your gadgets against loss, theft and damage.
Free Spirit provides travel insurance cover for almost any existing medical condition and disability including:
- all types of cancer,
- heart conditions such as:
- circulatory conditions such as:
- breathing conditions such as:
- liver and kidney conditions,
- mental health conditions,
- bowel conditions,
- brain related conditions that include:
- central nervous system conditions,
- musculoskeletal conditions including osteoporosis.
Cover for the whole party: Free Spirit also covers people without existing medical conditions which means you can ensure your travelling companions are on the same policy. As well as reduced premiums for those without medical conditions, you will ensure there are no gaps in cover that could arise if separate policies are purchased. For example, if you had to cancel your holiday due to your medical condition, your travelling companions on the same policy would also be covered for cancellation which may not be the case if they were taking out a policy elsewhere.
Free Spirit has no upper age limit on a Single trip or Annual Multi-trip, so whether you’re looking to cover a one-off holiday, a number of trips throughout the year, or you’re retired and you want to explore the world, we have a policy that’s right for you.
Arranging cover could not be easier. You can get a quote and buy instantly online, or contact us by telephoning 02392 419 080 to speak to our helpful, friendly staff who can discuss your individual needs.
If you have any questions about our Free Spirit travel insurance, please view our FAQs page.
Free Spirit is a trading name of travel insurance specialists P J Hayman & Company Limited.