Why choose us?
Providing cover for people with existing medical conditions and disabilities is what makes Free Spirit different to standard travel insurance policies.
Free Spirit was the first scheme of its type specifically dedicated to those who find difficulty in getting cover elsewhere due to their health, disability or age. It is one of the UK’s largest specialist travel insurance schemes for people of any age with existing medical conditions and disabilities.
In the last 19 years, Free Spirit has helped tens of thousands of people to obtain cover for their often much needed holiday.
Key features of a Free Spirit policy:
- Most medical conditions and disabilities covered
- No upper age limit on Single Trip & Annual Multi-trip
- Two cover options – Super and Super Duper
- After care cover at home following hospitalisation abroad – including costs for home help, physiotherapy, cosmetic surgery and dental costs
- Convalescence benefit following hospitalisation abroad (over 5 days) – up to £750 towards the cost of a trip in your home area, be that the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man to help you recuperate
- Kennel/Cattery costs if you are delayed due to illness (up to £500)
- Excess Waiver option to remove the standard policy excess.
- Essential cover including emergency medical expenses, repatriation and cancellation
- Specific cover for loss or damage to medical aids and prescribed medications
- Extended journey disruption (Super Duper only) – provides cover if you have to cancel (up to £3,000) or incur additional expenses (up to £1,000) as a result of the disruption caused by a natural disaster such as a volcanic eruption. Cover applies if you book individual elements of your trip separately
- End Supplier Failure Insurance (Super Duper only) – cover for loses due to the financial failure of the transport or accommodation provider.
- Reduced premiums for people without medical conditions on the same policy
- Medical emergency helpline – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Terminal conditions considered – call us on 02392 419 080
- Dedicated UK based customer services team
- Gadget cover – up to £1,500 towards a replacement for a device that has been lost or stolen during a trip.
Free Spirit provides travel insurance cover for almost any existing medical condition and disability including: all types of cancer, diabetes, heart conditions such as heart disease and angina, mental health conditions, epilepsy, liver and kidney conditions, bowel disease, disabilities, brain related conditions that include stroke and dementia, circulatory conditions such as high blood pressure, central nervous system conditions including Parkinson’s and musculoskeletal conditions including osteoporosis.
Cover for the whole party: Free Spirit also covers people without existing medical conditions which means you can insure your travelling companions on the same policy. As well as reduced premiums for those without medical conditions, you will ensure there are no gaps in cover that could arise if separate policies are purchased. For example, if you had to cancel your holiday due to your medical condition, your travelling companions on the same policy would also be covered for cancellation which may not be the case if they were take out a policy elsewhere.
Free Spirit has no upper age limit on Single trip or Annual Multi-trip, so whether you’re looking to cover a one-off holiday, a number of trips throughout the year or you’re retired and you want to explore the world, we have a policy that’s right for you.
Arranging cover could not be easier. You can get a quote and buy instantly online, or contact us by telephoning 02392 419 080 to speak to our helpful, friendly staff who can discuss your individual needs.
If you have any questions about our Free Spirit travel insurance, please view our FAQs page.
Free Spirit is a trading name of travel insurance specialists P J Hayman & Company Limited.
Free Spirit is arranged by P J Hayman & Company Limited, and insured by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is registered in Ireland No. 306045.
White Horse Insurance Ireland dac’s Registered Office is First Floor, Rineanna House, Shannon Free Zone, Shannon, County Clare, Republic of Ireland. White Horse Insurance Ireland dac is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority.
The nature and extent of consumer protections may differ from those for firms based in the UK. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website, our FNR is 203320.