Specialist Asthma Travel Insurance
Free Spirit is a specially designed medical travel Insurance policy that can offer cover for the majority of existing medical conditions, including breathing-related conditions such as asthma.
Obtaining an instant quote and arranging cover couldn’t be easier, our fully interactive website includes online medical screening.
We will ask you questions about your existing medical conditions to ensure you get the cover that’s right for you. You must give full and true answers to all the questions. If you do not do so your travel insurance policy may not protect you in the event of a claim.
Some questions we may ask you about your asthma could be:
- Have you ever had a diagnosis made of chronic airways disease (e.g. chronic bronchitis or emphysema)?
- How many medicines are prescribed for your breathing condition (count each inhaler as one medicine)?
- How many hospital admissions have you had for your breathing condition in the last year?
- How short of breath do you get when you are walking in the flat?
- Have you ever been prescribed oxygen other than when you are in hospital?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
- In the last year have you had a chest infection or an episode of pneumonia?
We’re on hand to help you
Free Spirit has a small and friendly dedicated UK-based customer service team, who are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call 02392 419 080 and your call will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Our guide to asthma travel insurance
If the unfortunate should happen and you had a medical emergency, you could have to pay out thousands of pounds in medical costs or even repatriation charges if medically necessary.
There are many standard policies available at very cheap prices, however, do not be fooled! It is unlikely they will include the cover you need and you could be left with hefty bills, especially in the event you had to cancel because of your breathing condition.
The important part of buying a specialist breathing condition travel insurance is to get the right cover. The last thing you want is to purchase a standard travel insurance policy only to find it doesn’t cover the things you need. Should things go wrong while on holiday, your Free Spirit insurance policy could be your saviour!
Key features of Free Spirit asthma travel insurance:
- Most medical conditions and disabilities covered
- No upper age limit on Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip
- Choice of two cover options – Super and Super Duper
- Single trips covered up to 94 days
- Annual Multi-trip provides an unlimited number of trips – travel up to 32 days per trip (Super) and 45 days (Super Duper)
- Journey disruption / Airspace closure cover
- Loss or damage to medical aids and prescribed medications
Top tips for buying the best asthma travel insurance
- Always add your travelling companions to your policy. They too will be covered by the same terms and conditions if you needed to cancel your holiday because of your medical condition or if it had to be cut short a while away because you became unwell. This may not be the case if they are insured elsewhere or on a separate policy.
- Buy holiday insurance through a specialist provider as they can be more sympathetic to your unique medical problems and, these policies are specially designed for people like you.
- Check that your policy has cover, not just emergency medical and cancellation costs but how about your personal belongings and travel documents. You may have cover within your household insurance for your personal belongings but it may not have the right cover limits when travelling away from home.
- In the event you lose your prescribed medication or medical aids, you will want to know if you can claim back the costs to replace it. You may be entitled to free prescriptions in the UK but this won’t be the case when abroad.
- Check the excess you will have to pay in the event of a claim. Some standard policies with cheap prices may be tempting, but the excess may catch you out!
Peace of mind when travelling
Everyone should have peace of mind when spending time away from home and family. Yes, it can be a worry travelling abroad especially if you have a medical condition however, a little bit of advance planning can ease any concerns you may have.
There is nothing more stressful than leaving all the travel arrangements to the last minute. So get out your jotter and start writing your to-do list today, make sure specialist travel insurance is top of the page though.
If you choose to insure with Free Spirit, here is our Insurance Policy which details all of our terms and conditions.