Free Spirit Travel Insurance Covering Pre-Existing Breast Cancer
Free Spirit Travel Insurance gives you the opportunity to book a holiday abroad – or even a city break. However, if you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer – or recently finished treatment – it can be difficult to find the specialist cancer travel insurance needed. While some breast cancer patients may need emergency medical treatment when away, others might not but they may need to return early due to their condition. So, it’s understandable why it’s a struggle to find standard cover for breast cancer.
A serious medical condition like breast cancer shouldn’t stop you from travelling. As long as you find the right travel insurance for your specific health and travel needs. Travel insurance covering your pre-existing condition is essential. Becoming ill abroad can be costly without the right insurance coverage.
Free Spirit helps many breast cancer patients enjoy a much-needed holiday every year. Whether you’re considering a river cruise, an activity, or a villa holiday our breast cancer travel insurance can provide you with the cover you and your travelling companions need.
How to apply
We know that no two cancers are the same and treatment can vary depending on the severity of the condition. You may have received radiotherapy, chemotherapy, surgery, or another type of treatment. Or in some cases, you might have recieved none at all. Either way you will need travel insurance. At Free Spirit, we look at every traveller’s situation and individual needs to provide you with the best cover available.
Obtaining a quote for breast cancer travel insurance could not be easier. Our fully interactive website includes online medical screening allowing in most cases for you to declare the condition yourself without the need to call us.
We’ll ask you some questions about your breast cancer so that you get the cover that’s right for you. For example:
- Has cancer ever spread beyond the breast?
- How long ago was the initial diagnosis of breast cancer made?
- How long ago was your treatment?
- Was the breast cancer completely surgically removed after the diagnosis?
- Are you currently having any treatment and/or is any planned?
Talk to us about breast cancer travel insurance
Free Spirit has a dedicated UK-based customer service team to answer any questions you may have. We understand that some medical conditions can be complicated and so you may prefer to talk to a friendly voice.
Please call our helpful and experienced team on 02392 419 080. Your call will be treated with the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality.
Why choose Free Spirit breast cancer travel insurance?
- No upper age limit on Single Trip and Annual Multi-trip
- Choice of two cover options – Super and Super Duper
- Single trips covered up to 94 days*
- Annual Multi-trip provides an unlimited number of trips – travel up to 31 days per trip (Super) and 45 days (Super Duper)*
- Journey disruption / Airspace closure cover
- Loss or damage to medical aids and prescribed breast cancer medications
*Terms and conditions may apply
Why cover your breast cancer before you travel?
Travel insurance purchased when booking a trip is always something to consider. Especially once a full financial commitment has been made for the trip because cancellation cover starts from the moment you purchase the policy on a single trip basis. Or, from the policy start date, should you purchase an annual multi-trip policy.
Travel insurance provides peace of mind if your condition causes concerns or if you become unfit to travel. Also, if you become unwell while on holiday, curtailment of a trip is covered.
Things to do before travelling with breast cancer
Get a professional medical opinion
Your doctor or treating consultant should be able to give advice on the best time for you to go on holiday. They may also discuss how you’re likely to feel at the time and state which countries might not be suitable.
For instance, time differences can affect when you need to take your medication. Also, you may need a letter from your doctor to confirm that you’re fit for travel. However, remember to speak with them well in advance. You won’t want to leave it to the last minute.
Make sure your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)/Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) is in date
When travelling within the EU, it’s important to carry an up-to-date Health Insurance Card. This will provide you with state healthcare at a reduced cost. Each card is available from the NHS website. Although, remember that the GHIC does not replace travel insurance. So, it’s always important to take travel insurance as soon as you book a trip.
Travel Tips if you’re travelling by air
- Make the airline carrier aware of your condition weeks in advance, they may allow you to check in early. They may even offer you priority boarding!
- See if you can get access to the airline’s lounge to relax before the flight if you’re travelling long haul.
- Discuss any breast cancer medication you may need to carry in your hand luggage with the airline prior to your departure date. If your medication needs to be be kept cool explain that you will need to travel with a cool pack.
Travel insurance documents and medication
- Always keep your travel insurance documents with you wherever you visit. It’ll make life easier if you need emergency medical help.
- Take more than enough medication for your trip in case you have any delays on your return trip.
- If flying, split your medication between your carry-on and hold luggage. This way if your luggage is delayed or lost you have still have your medication. Likewise if your carry-on bags are misplaced.
- Keep a list of any breast cancer medications you’re on and include their generic and brand names. Just in case you need emergency supplies.
Travel with confidence with Free Spirit travel insurance
At Free Spirit, we’re dedicated to providing a helpful and friendly service. Also, we provide travel insurance cover giving you the ability to travel with confidence. We’re one of the UK’s largest specialist travel insurance providers for people with medical conditions – including all types of cancer.
We pride ourselves in helping people that have not been able to get cover elsewhere while giving them immediate peace of mind wherever they may venture.
Please read the Insurance Policy for the full terms and conditions of this specialist medical travel insurance cover to make sure it’s suitable for your needs.